CODE OF CONDUCT FOR THE STUDENTS
A boy/girl, who studies at BBLPS, assumes the obligation to conduct himself/herself at all times in accordance with the highest standard of discipline, aiming at quality and excellence in education and character. A student shall always keep in mind that the school is judged by his/her conduct.
The following code of conduct is, therefore, laid down for the guidance of the students:
Students should be habitually clean and always neatly dressed. The school uniform should be worn on all working days and for all school functions. The students who are slovenly dressed or not in uniform will be sent home.
- Uniform for physical education and training must be worn on Wednesday.
- House uniform must be worn on Saturday.
- Sikh boys must wear a ‘Patka’ of Maroon colour (White on Wednesday and Saturday).
- Students are not allowed to wear bangles, chains, bracelets etc. in the school.
- No colour should be applied on hair.
- Non Sikh boys must keep their hair short. Girls must tie their hair neatly with a band. Use of hair gel is not allowed.
- Wearing low waist trousers/skirts is forbidden.
- Coloured glasses/contact lenses are prohibited.
- Colour on lips, eye liners, polishing of the nails are not permitted.
- The school expects all students to maintain a high standard of general behaviour.
- The students must speak in ENGLISH in the school premises except in the respective second/third language classroom.
- Movement of students to classrooms after assembly, to and fro games classes, library, music room, laboratories etc. should be in silence and orderly manner. Students should not unnecessarily leave their class at the end of every period.
- Students are answerable to the school for their conduct in and outside the school.
- BBL students should invariably be polite wherever they go. They should always remember that the school is judged by their conduct. They should greet their teachers when they meet them. Bullying and use of foul languages are punishable offences.
- BBL Public School provides education from Nursery to Class XII. Therefore, it is expected that the juniors be treated with love and affection, while the juniors show all respect to their seniors.
- School has zero tolerance for bullying, physical violence, use of tobacco, alcohol narcotic drugs or any other socially unacceptable substance both in school or any public place. If any student is found to be violating this policy will be subject to strict disciplinary action which may include expulsion from the school.
- Students should not join other students in violent destructive activities otherwise they will be liable to some action.
- Students will not instigate other co-students or juniors to indulge in any misbehavior or any form of anti-school activity which will bring disrepute to the school and could spoil the career of the concerned student.
- Students will not boycott the orders, directions and instructions given to them by the school authorities.
- A student will not co-operate or indulge in any act of violence committed by other students which will harm any student physically or mentally.
- No student shall indulge in any of the following practices, namely :
- Writing on the shirts or uniform.
- Spitting in or near the school building.
- Any form of gambling.
- Use of drugs or intoxicants, except on prescription by a registered medical practitioner.
- Rowdyism and rude behaviour.
- Use of violence in any form.
- Casteism, communalism or untouchability in any form.
- Bursting crackers or throwing colour on one another/or painting face within the school premise
- Under no condition is a student permitted to bring a mobile telephone/any electronic gadget to the school. If confiscated, it will not be returned.